Here's how to download and install Android 10 not only on Google Pixel, but also on other devices compatible with the latest Android version!
What devices can I install Android 10 on?
Google has officially launched Android 10! Some rumors had suggested its arrival and this is how we end up with Android 10 in our hands, the night before the opening of IFA. Android 10, which after a long culinary tradition, is
is currently distributed on the Pixel. However, Google has confirmed that it will also reach all other devices that have participated in the beta program by the end of fall.
When will I receive Android 10 on my device?
The distribution of Android updates continues to be not as immediate as that offered by Apple with iOS, unfortunately. Some brands, such as HMD Global, have already formalized the roadmap for the release of Android 10 on Nokia smartphones and more and more brands will do the same.
If you have a last generation flagship, you can be reassured, Android 10 will arrive on your device. When was it? The answer is in the hands of the brand, which will have to personalize and adapt the new Android version for its devices. The flagships released two years ago should also be eligible for the new version of the software. However, when it comes to mid- and mid-range devices, the situation unfortunately changes. If you've invested in an Android One device, you can also be sure that Android 10 will work on your smartphone.
Take a look at this article to find out if your device will get Android 10. We will try to update it gradually:
How to install Android 10 via OTA
If you have a Google Pixel in your hands (Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3, Pixel 3XL, Pixel 3a), simply go to the settings menu and consult the section dedicated to software updates. As soon as the update is available, make sure you are connected to the WIFI network and have enough battery on your device before starting the download.
How to manually install Android 10
1. Reset before installing the update
I will start by telling you that this step is not compulsory but rather a tip: installing a new version of the software can cause bugs that did not exist before. When you want to make in-depth changes to your device's system, it is advisable to reset it and, before that, to secure it with a backup.
We recommend installing Android 10 manually only for beginners.
2. Unlock the bootloader
To share the new version of Android, you will first need to unlock the bootloader and activate the development options and the USB debugging mode:
3. Download the system images (factory image)
All you have to do is download the images from the Android 10 system that vary from one device to another. On this page you will find links to the different supported devices:
Here are the links to the system images for your Pixel:
4. Install system images
Before you start, you need to know what you are putting your hands in, because certain manipulations, if they are badly done or misunderstood, can cause damage. Clearly, you could end up with a faulty terminal and blame us for it.
If you follow the described steps, the restoration image is rather simple to install:
- Download the Android SDK available at this address: http://developer.android.com/sdk
- Add the SDK tools and platform-tools folders to the PATH environment variable. – On Mac: Open a Terminal and type export PATH = $ PATH:
– In Windows: Right click on My Computer> Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables. Modify the PATH variable and add the path to the Android SDK afterwards.
- For Windows, you need the Google USB drivers. These can be found from the SDK Manager available in the root of the SDK folder. To find them, go to Extras / Google USB Driver in the Manager. Then connect the mobile to the computer, then right click on Computer> Manage. In the left panel of the window that has just opened, right click on your device which should appear in Other devices> Update drivers. Then choose manual installation, the drivers being
/ Extras / google / usb_driver.
- To verify that everything is functional, type adb devices in a terminal (or command prompt on Windows). If the reference of your device appears after "List of devices attached", it's all good!
5. Install Android 10 on your device
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the power and low volume key to restart the device in bootloader mode.
- Connect your Pixel to your PC using a USB cable.
- Open Windows Explorer and find the previously downloaded firmware in the ADB tool folder.
- Double click on the file flash-all.bat and wait until the operation is finished.
Your smartphone will automatically restart with the new version of Android 10 integrated, if the operation is not successful, see the section dedicated to the problems that you may have encountered during the process.
Problems during installation? Here are the solutions
If you encountered a problem before installation, make sure that aber has enabled USB debugging (as explained above) and that the bootloader is unlocked.
If you get stuck in a bootloop, you can first try to clear the cache partition by going back to the boot loader and using the volume keys to enter recovery mode (press the power key to to confirm). After erasing the cache partition, restart the device.
If, after this procedure, you are still locked on the start screen, go back to Recovery and select Clear data / factory reset and press the power button to confirm. In this way, you should be able to solve the problem.
Problems with ADB
If you receive an error message in the command prompt window informing you that the.img file system is missing, follow this procedure:
- Unzip the image.zip file.
- Copy and paste the files into the same folder where you previously placed the other unzipped files (in the ADB tool folder next to adb.exe and fastboot.exe).
- Open a command window (press Shift and click the right mouse button, then select Open the command window here) and enter the following commands:
- ffastboot flash bootloader
- fastboot flash radio
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash cache cache.img
- fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
- ffastboot flash bootloader
Unable to start flash-all.bat
Make sure you have clicked on flash-all.bat in administrator mode (right click, "Run as administrator").
Did you manage to install Android 10 on your device? What do you say ?
. (tagsToTranslate) android 10 (t) how to download android 10 (t) how to install android 10 (t) how to install android 10 (t) install android 10 on google pixel (t) install android 10 on smartphone