Google Photos is an excellent service offered by Google to rescue and store your photos in the cloud. It allows Google users (and therefore many Android users) to keep an unlimited number of photos and videos. The problem is that if you want to upload a lot of photos from Google Photos, the process takes a lot of time. Fortunately, there is a simple method to get there.
Google Takeout fixes your problem
At this time, if you want to download your photos saved to Google Photos, you must select the images one by one. You can select them in a group manner by clicking on the different dates, which speeds up the selection process. Let's face it: it's far from being a practical method.
Rest assured, the firm of Moutain View offers a free tool that allows you to download all the content of your account if you wish. This miracle software is called Google Takeout.
Google Photos is one of the best services to save your photos on Android
Google Takeout, as explained above, is a tool that allows you to download an archive containing the full content of an account. The online application is responsible for creating an archive that will save locally on your PC your Google Photos, Contacts, Maps, YouTube …
To download your photos, you must follow the following steps:
- Make sure you're signed in to your Google Account and go to Google Takeout.
At the opening, you will have the possibility to create an archive. You will see all the services offered by Google. You will also note that all services have been selected by default.
- So first click on Do not select anything to change that.
- Select Google Photos
- Click Next at the bottom of the page
- Choose the format of the archive you want to receive. 3 options are available: .zip; .tgz e .tbz. Be aware that for Windows users, it is usually easier to use the .zip file
- Select the shipping method you want (by email, Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive)
- Then click on Create archive
- The service is now preparing your archive. Depending on the number of photos you have recorded, this process may take a few minutes. So, go take a coffee or watch a series. When everything is ready, you will receive an e-mail.
Make sure to save your images with Google Photos
As I explained in the introduction, Google Photos is one of the best services to save your photos on Android. One of its advantages is that it is installed by default on all Android smartphones.
It is possible to automatically upload an image taken with your smartphone and the application is very pleasant to use with a clean and minimalist interface consistent with Material Design. The service also has an effective web interface, as well as applications for other operating systems like iOS.
Google Photos also offers some very useful features. For example, if you take a lot of pictures in the same place or at the same time, the app creates animations with the best pictures, videos or collages that you can share on social networks. All this automatically.
Do you use Google Photos? Have you ever tried to download all your photos?
(tagsToTranslate) google (t) photos (t) google photos (t) images (t) backup (t) download (t) suavegarde (t) save (t) images