Few followers on Instagram? Is it too confusing to use it? Maybe there is a privacy issue that you need to address?
Whatever the case, we will show how to delete an Instagram account. However, note that you will not find any option to delete Instagram account through the app. You will need to log into the desktop version through the browser and follow the steps below.
Things you should know before deleting Instagram account
- Deleting the account will result in complete loss of data (photos, profile, videos, users, subscribers, comments).
- There is no way to reactivate a deleted account or use the same username again.
- If you just want to be removed from Instagram but still keep your profile data, you can temporarily deactivate your account. After you deactivate the account, no one will be able to see your profile (they will think you have literally deleted the account). But, you can activate the account by logging in next time.
Steps to delete Instagram account
- Head to Instagram’s Account deletion page through the browser.
- Log into your account if you don’t have it yet.
- After you have successfully logged in, you will be asked to specify the reason why you are going to delete the Instagram account. Also, you will be suggested to just uninstall the app if you want to take a break.
- Specify the reason, then scroll down to re-enter the password to confirm your deletion.
- Finally, click on ” Permanently delete my account “.
In case you have changed your mind and want to keep the data but keep your profile hidden from the world, you can simply temporarily deactivate the account. Here’s how you can do it:
Steps to temporarily deactivate Instagram account
- Head to Instagram’s account edit page through the browser.
- You will need to log into your account if you don’t have it yet.
- After logging in, you will find the account edit page where it allows you to modify the information associated with your account (phone number, etc.)
- Make simply scroll to the end of the page to find ” Temporarily deactivate my account “. Click on it to deactivate the account. To reactivate the account, you must log in again and your Instagram account will be automatically reactivated.
Did you have trouble following the steps mentioned above? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.