If you are considering selling your iPhone, be sure to turn off the Find My iPhone feature, as otherwise the person who purchases the iPhone from you will have difficulty tracking the phone. If you had the same problem and want to disable this feature so that no one can find you, you can find all the help you need regarding this problem.
See also: What to do if your iPhone has no sound (simple solutions)
How to reach it?
Now let us discuss how you can turn off Find My iPhone in case you sell your iPhone or just want to do it. Here are the steps to turn off this feature on the iPhone or iPad:
- First, go to your phone's settings
- Then click on the iCloud button
- In this section, scroll down, find the Find My iPhone button and tap on it.
- Now you will see a new screen on which you will see a button (it will be green if the function is already active) to deactivate the Find My iPhone function.
- When you click on the button to deactivate the function, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID and password.
- If the information entered is correct, your Find My iPhone function will be disabled.
What if you can't find your credentials?
You may also want to turn off Find My iPhone on a phone that you bought from someone else (used phone). However, the problem can arise if you do not know the identification information (Apple ID and password) necessary to deactivate the Find my iPhone function. As a result, you will not be able to access the Find My iPhone function and will therefore no longer be able to deactivate it. Therefore, you will need to contact the owner of the phone first-hand and ask for the credentials. If the original owner of the phone is unavailable, you may never be able to get your hands on the feature.
You can try your luck by calling Apple Customer Service at (0800 048 0408 in the UK and 1-800-275-2273 in the United States). The client representative could perhaps help you in these circumstances, he could ask you for the coordinates of the original owner.