How to clean your earphones: EarPods, AirPods or Airpods Pro – iPhone Soft
- 30 days ago 09:05
- Medhi Naitmazi
With the release of the new AirPods Pro, Apple has updated its support page for cleaning the earbuds. Unsurprisingly, the procedure is common to both types of AirPods, except the part concerning tips that are specific to the Pro model. And if you are still using EarPods wired earphones, this may also be of interest to you.
The cleaning of Apple earphones in good and due form
If the support page is comprehensive, some tips are superfluous and others not precise enough. So we have rephrased the whole thing to help you.
Clean the AirPods and AirPods Pro earphones
- Do not use water, do not use under water.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth, such as to clean a screen of Mac or TV
- In case of exposure a product such as cream, oil, detergent or other:
- Clean them with a slightly damp cloth, then wipe them with a soft, dry cloth
- Do not try to use them or load them if they are not completely dry yet.
- For mic and speakers, use a dry cotton swab.
Clean the AirPods and AirPods Pro case
As with the headphones, clean the charging case with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. If necessary, you can lightly wipe the cloth with isopropyl alcohol to get the job off the ground, while making sure not to introduce liquid into the charging ports.
If any debris has slipped into the case, use a soft, soft brush or a cotton swab.
Clean the tips of your AirPods Pro
- Remove the tips and rinse them with water, without any product. Then dry them with a soft, dry cloth.
- Clean the AirPod head with a soft, dry cloth.
- Reposition the tips on each AirPod. The tips are oval-shaped, check the alignment before rinsing them.
Clean your EarPods (wired)
- Do not use water (or liquid), use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- Gently clean the microphone and speaker grilles with a dry cotton swab. Remove the debris from the grates with a soft, clean, dry hairbrush.
You may like
You are here: Home > AirPods > How to clean your earphones: EarPods, AirPods or Airpods Pro
iPhoneSoft finances the production of its content and its servers through a moderate and non-intrusive advertising. Thank you for adding iPhoneSoft.fr in exception of your advertising blocker.
I acceptLearn more