Skype is one of the most popular and reliable chat apps. Many people use it daily to chat with friends, family or colleagues. It's a fun and fun experience, and it's what users love the most. If you're wondering how to change the Skype username, read on, because we'll show you all the ways to do it. There are three options. You can change your Skype username on your PC, you can do it on your cell phone and even on the web.
See also: How to make a group call on Skype
Change user name on PC
Regardless of whether you are using Windows or MAC, this method applies to both the operating system, as it only requires the Skype desktop application on your computer. You can change your Skype username by following the steps mentioned below:
- First, open your Skype desktop app.
- The next step is to click on your Skype profile picture or on your username (you can find them both in the upper left corner).
- After that, you will see a section on the left named Manage, and in that section you need to search for the Skype Profile option and click on it.
- You will see your Skype username, your profile picture and an icon representing a pencil to the right of your username, just by clicking on the pencil.
- Enter your new username and press Enter to save your changed username.
Change username on your phone
If you're one of those who use Skype on their phone via a mobile app, this section is for you. You can follow the steps mentioned here to change your Skype username:
- The first step is the most obvious, because you must first open your Skype application.
- You will see your profile picture in the middle of the screen at the top, click on it.
- After clicking on your profile picture, you will be redirected to a profile management section, look for the Skype Profile option in the management section, then press it.
- Then you will see your username and a pencil just its right
- Click on the pencil to change your username.
- Enter the new user name and press Enter.
Change Username on the Web
Just as we changed the username on PC and mobile, this method is quite similar to both. Let's see how to change the Skype username on the web:
- You need to sign in to your Skype account on the Skype website.
- You will see your name at the top right of the screen by hovering the mouse over it, and you will see a drop down menu.
- Select My Account from the drop down menu.
- In the My Account section, simply scroll down and search for the contact details.
- In the contact details, click on the Edit profile option
- Then you will be directed to the Profile section. On the right side, you will see an option called Change Profile just right of Change Password. Click Edit Profile.
- In the text box that says Name, enter the new name you want to define and when finished, then click the green Save button at the right.
- Finally, press ok for confirmation so that the system recognizes the change.