Android is a wonderful world that leaves room for a great level of customization. That's why we regularly offer tips to make your daily life easier. This week, we propose to change the virtual keyboard on Android.
Before you begin, it is important to know that there are a multitude of alternative keyboards on Android (Gboard, Swiftkey, Minuum, Swype and many others). For our demonstration of the day, we chose to use the Google Keyboard. This is so, it is possible to reproduce this tutorial with any other alternative keyboard from the Play Store.
How to install an alternative keyboard on Android
Installing a keyboard on Android
In fact, it's very simple and it's as with a classic application. It is necessary :
- go to the Google Play Store and search for the desired keyboard
- open the virtual keyboard application sheet and install it directly
Android keyboard activation
To configure and activate it, we will proceed step by step:
- Open the General Settings and then "Language and Input"
- Click on the option "Virtual keyboard"
- Manage keyboards
- Activate your keyboard (if it is not already there)
- Return to the previous menu
- Select the keyboard you want to use
- Choose your keyboard when the change option is present
Note: however, note that most alternative keyboards have a ddi installation tutorial for ease of interaction.
Android keyboard settings
If you have difficulty finding the solution, be aware that access to the settings of your virtual keyboard is almost the same way to select a default keyboard. Short. Here are the steps to follow:
Open the general settings of Android
- Scroll down the list of topics and click on Language and input
- In the list, select the name of the virtual keyboard configure
- Once done, you normally have access to all keyboard options
Note: Depending on the type of keyboard chosen, you will have access to several options. In general, these are intended to improve the capture (speed, ease, ergonomics, correction and automatic prediction, etc.).
That's it, we're done! We hope that this article has been able to explain your knowledge on Android. If you have any questions, criticisms or ideas of additions, the comments remain your complete disposition! Do not hesitate to ask us your questions for other tips in the coming weeks.
(tagsToTranslate) android keyboard (t) swiftkey (t) swype (t) swiftkey android (t) swype android (t) minuum keyboard (t) alternative keyboard (t) alternative virtual keyboard (t) problem (t) solution (t) ) android (t) install (t) tutorial (t) set