March 7, 2020/
How? 'Or' What/
If you work regularly at the computer, you should take care of the health of your eyes. Too much brightness is not good for your eyes. In addition, you cannot work comfortably if the brightness level is not correct. You may suffer from headaches or eyestrain. Today we are going to look at some ways to change the brightness in Windows 10. Most of these methods will be useful for laptops or smart devices. For the desktop, you can adjust the brightness using the physical buttons on the monitor.
See also: How to configure Windows 10 screen saver
Brightness adjustment from parameters
- First, go to the settings. You will find it in the start menu. You can also press the Windows + I keys to access them.
- Then click on System.
- Click on View.
- You will see the option Adjust the brightness level. A slider allows you to adjust the level according to your preferences. If you go left, the brightness will decrease and right, the brightness will increase.
- Finally, hit Apply and you're done.
- There is also an option, Change the brightness automatically when the light changes. The brightness will be adjusted automatically according to the ambient light.
Adjusting the brightness using the control panel
- This applies to battery operated devices. First, go to the battery icon located in the taskbar.
- Right click on this icon and you will find an option to Adjust the screen brightness. Click on it.
- A notch will appear. You will see the option "Brightness of the screen" at the bottom. By moving the cursor, you can change the brightness.
Adjusting the brightness using the Maintenance Center
- You will find the Action Center in the right corner of your screen, right next to the date and time.
- Click on the icon to bring up the panel for Action Center. There will be a tile to adjust the brightness with a sun icon. Click on the icon to adjust the brightness of the screen. If you can see the tiles, there is an option called "Develop". Click on it to display the panel tiles.
- If you click on the icon, the brightness will increase. When it reaches 100%, if you click again, it starts from zero.
Adjusting the brightness using the keyboard
- This option is applicable to laptops. Keys on the keyboard allow you to quickly adjust the brightness.
- Normally, the brightness icons are located on the function keys with the sign '+' or '-'. '+' is used to increase and '' to decrease the brightness.
- The keyboard and display drivers must be installed correctly using the keyboard.
Brightness adjustment – battery saver
- First, go to the Settings option.
- Then click System> Battery Saver> Battery Saver Settings.
- There is an option to Activate the battery saver automatically if my battery drops below. You can check this box to activate battery saving mode. Using the slider, you can choose the percentage of battery at which you want to activate the saver.
- Below, there is a reduction in the brightness of the screen when using the battery saver. Check the box.
Adjusting the brightness using the power plan
- To open, press Windows key + R. Then type Control Panel and press OK.
- There is an option "Hardware and Sound> Power Options".
- In the power option, click Change plan settings.
- Using the slider to Adjust the brightness of the map, you can set the brightness level when the device is on battery. There is also a separate option to adjust when the device is plugged in.