With millions of apps on the App Store for iPhone and iPad, you’d think there would be an app for everything. Unfortunately, it is not the case.
Sometimes you’ll come across a great website that doesn’t have a dedicated app. Or maybe you just want to quickly access your favorite sites from your iPhone home screen. Whatever the case, you can easily add websites to your iPhone home screen with a neat Safari trick.
We’ll show you how to make any website an app on iPhone and iPad.
READ ALSO: 10 Best iPhone Games In 2020 You Should Play
How to Add Website Apps to iPhone Home Screen
To add websites to your Home screen as apps, follow these steps:
- Open Safari. Other browsers, such as Chrome, will not work for this.
- Go to the website you want to save on your home screen. Make sure you visit the exact page you want to open via the shortcut.
- Push the button Share at the end of the page. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing up.
- In the list of options that appears, scroll down until you see Add to Home Screen . Touch this.
- On the next screen, choose a name for the website shortcut on your home screen. You will see the link for you to confirm, as well as the site’s favicon which becomes its “app” icon. Click on Add once you have finished.
- Now just tap on the new app on your home screen and the website will open in its own browser window regardless of what you opened in Safari.
If you decide to remove the shortcut from the website, you can remove it just like you would any other app on your phone.
SEE ALSO: How to Force Restart an iPhone and Enter Recovery Mode
Add everything to your home screen
It’s a great way to add website “apps” to your home screen for services that don’t have one. The Rainwave video game music radio site, which we used above, is a good example. It’s much better than having to open Safari and jump to a bookmark every time you want to visit a particular site.