Nothing can be more relaxing than a soothing selection of music that is preset and saved to a convenient playlist. Having this serene happiness interrupted due to multi-user systems is definitely a no-no. Even if Google assistance can be useful, a poorly designed configuration can be a nightmare. Fortunately, this can be easily resolved by adding several separate and personalized Google home users and thereby ensuring uninterrupted use for each individual, without getting on anyone's nerves.
The initial design of Google Home was more focused on the individual, regardless of whether users could use it on shared devices. Fortunately, a recent system upgrade took this fact into account and made it versatile enough to support new users using voice recognition technology capable of detecting up to different users. 6. Additional users should just be added to Google. Home before you can take advantage of their personalized experience.
See also: How to install Google Play on the Kindle Fire
Addition of prerequisites
- Any additional user should use their specific device for the process to allow the system to record its details for easier recognition. The multi-user system supports iOS and Android software.
- When adding the service, the assistant and the user must be connected to the same local network for more efficient communications.
- Access the family app on your device and sign in with the unique Google Account.
- Select Google Home from the available services.
- Choose the "link" option available in the selection or on other devices. It will appear as a "multi-user" option.
- This will automatically prompt a voice configuration procedure which will ask you to repeat a very simple phrase in the receiver.
- This voice sample will be loaded on an identification network which will allow the recognition of all connected devices.
Once voice recognition is set up, Google Home will need additional personalization information, such as music preferences for free or higher quality streaming services such as YouTube and Spotify. Just follow the steps below to connect the preferred account for streaming:
- Go to Google Home settings which will display a full menu of configuration options.
- Select "Account Preferences" and find the music preference setting, which is usually located at the bottom of the screen.
- A set of options will appear and from there, simply select the broadcast source or preferred service.
- This will ask for a connection and open a tab, enter service details and you're ready to go!
To prevent short-term users or visitors from using the custom account while allowing them to take advantage of Google Home services, follow these steps:
- Open the device list and select the Guest mode found in the Options section of Google Home. This can be enabled or disabled at any time.
- Connect the guest device to the same Wi-Fi network and select the "Near the device" option which will prompt the pairing procedure.
- Once done, Google Home will use that user's information to respond to voice commands.
Once everything is set up, the owner (who remains the sole controller and owner of Google Home) will be able to see all the connected devices and manipulate them as he pleases. Connected devices are capable of performing simple operations like lighting control, volume, thermostat settings and much more.