Skype Translator is one of the best features of Skype which will help you translate speech. Skype Translator is a voice translation application developed by Skype. So, in this article, we have discussed how to use Skype Translator easily and how to activate it.
thanks to the Internet, the world is much closer. People all over the world know each other. So, users use Skype, an application used for video chats through computers or other devices. Skype is compatible with different operating systems such as Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, HoloLens, and Xbox One. One of the biggest challenges people face when talking to people through Skype is their language. People from different countries may not understand each other’s language.
Also, it is impossible for a person to know all the languages spoken around the world. So instead of hiring a translator, you can use Skype Translator,a voice translation application. It was developed in 2011 and was released to the public in 2014.
Some of the features of Skype Translator are
1. Supported languages - Skype supports a number of languages such as English, French, German, Chinese (Mandarin), Italian, Hindi, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese and Russian.
2. Text transcriptions on screen – In addition to the Skype Translator, users also receive on-screen text transcriptions that display the sentences spoken in their primary language along with the translation.
3. Real-time translation – Skype Translator uses machine translation technology from Microsoft Translator. Using this feature, the speech is translated from one language to another in no time and appears to be in real time.
How do I activate the Skype translator?
1. Windows, Mac and Linux: launch Skype on your device and right click on your contact. Now click on view profile and click on the name of the person you are talking to at the top. Click Start Translator to create a new translated chat.
2. Windows 10: all Windows 10 users can use this method. Right click on your contact and go to your chat with them and click on their name at the top. Click Start Translator. A new translated chat will be created.
3. Smartphones: launch the Skype app and, in the chats screen, press and hold your contact. Now go to your chat with them and tap on their name at the top and tap on Start Translator.
Skype Translator can be useful for those who need to interact with people from different countries and speaking different languages. Setting up the Skype translator is pretty straightforward! Besides, it supports most of the most used languages in the world. The list of all supported languages is listed above. You can try it out for yourself and won’t be disappointed with it!
If you have any questions regarding Skype Translator , please let us know in the comments section below.