The PS4 and PS4 Pro are the most popular consoles available today, with a total of 103 million units sold since the launch of the original unit in 2013. It has the largest share of the market compared to Microsoft's Xbox One S and Xbox One X, as well as the Nintendo Switch.
If you have just purchased a PS4 or PS4 Pro and want to know how to configure it then follow this tutorial; the process is fairly straightforward.
Recommended article: Increase the download speed of a PS4.
Configuration of a PS4, the guide
Before you rush out and play your favorite games, you should follow the steps below to get your new Playstation started.
Connect the PS4 to your TV
The first part of the installation consists in connecting your Playstation to your television.
- Connect the HDMI cable supplied to your TV and the HDMI output of the PS4.
- Connect the power cable to the back of the console and its other end to a power source.
- If you are not using WiFi for the internet connection, then connect the Ethernet cable to the back of the PS4.
- Connect the micro USB cable to the DualShock 4 controller and its other end to the USB port on the PS4.
- Finally, turn on the PS4 by holding the PS button for 3 seconds or press the power button on the front of the console.
Configure the internet connection
Once the console turns on, connect to the Internet, this will allow you to download games from the PlayStation Store and online games via the PlayStation Network.
Although Ethernet (LAN) offers a faster Internet connection, WiFi is the simplest option for most users.
From the home screen, press the directional controls on your controller to access the upper navigation bar and select settings.
- In the menu settings, select network Configure the Internet connection, then choose between Ethernet or Wireless.
- Select the method easy.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network in the list displays and enter his password.
- If proxy servers are involved then select the option Do not use.
- Then select Test the internet connection, to verify that you are connected to the Internet and to the PlayStation network.
Update PS4 system software
Once connected to the Internet, the last step is to update the system software. You will need to do this before accessing PlayStation Store and any other online functions.
In most cases, the software update downloads in the background, but it is not automatically installed. To do this :
- Go to the function screen welcome menu and select Notifications.
- Slectionnez updates downloads Update system software and press X.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, press next and Update when you are invited.
The PS4 restarts and the installation of the update starts, once finished, the console restarts. All you have to do is press the PS button on your controller, take advantage of all the online functions of the PS4 and go to PlayStation Store to download your favorite games.
. (tagsToTranslate) PS4 (t) configuration PS4 Pro (t) video games