WebP is an image format developed by Google that allows you to save an image in a lossless format. Google has come to claim that an image in WebP format can be up to 35% smaller than its equivalent image in the most popular formats such as JPG or PNG. In this way, the giant search engine considers that this image format is more efficient and that it contributes to considerably increasing the loading speed and therefore the navigation. Even more so, given the large number of images displayed on most modern web pages.
However, some image editors and even web browsers still do not support this form of WebP image. So we will show how to convert WebP images to JPG or PNG with a fairly simple trick. More precisely, we will see how to convert WebP images to JPG or PNG from the Google chrome Navigator or Opera , without further software installations.
Tip for converting WebP images to JPG or PNG
Here, we will discuss the step by step process to convert WebP images to JPG or PNG format without using any software or online tool. To do this, follow the steps below.
Steps to convert Google WebP images to JPG / PNG
- First of all, open one of these two browsers, it is Google Chrome or Opera browser.
- Then visit the site that has WebP images.
- Once you are there, right click and select the Open Image in New Tab option.
- Once the image is displayed in a new tab, go to the end of the URL which is in the address bar and you will be able to see that the URL ends in -rw characters.
- Now remove these characters (“-rw”) and click enter to reload the image.
- After you reload the page, you can see that the image is loaded in an original format, you can check it by clicking on the image itself.
- Now, right click and select the Save As option, as you do regularly to save images to your computer.
- Like this, you can save a WebP image in JPG or PNG format to any location on your hard drive.
- Once you convert the WebP image to JPG or PNG format, you can open it in other browsers and edit it from any image editing tool, as these two formats are taken supported by all tools without any problem.
If you failed to do it as described in the article, then use AnyConv online converter. It is a simple tool for convert WebP to JPG.
Hope this article helps you convert Google WebP images to JPG or PNG formats without using any software and online tools. If you have any issues while applying the above method, please let us know in the comment section below. We will get back to you to resolve all your questions as soon as possible.
Would you like to add any other tips to this article? Write them down in the comments box and we’ll go through them and include them in this post in the next update.What method do you use to convert WebP images to JPG or PNG formats?