FaceTime is one of the best apps for making video calls. It's fun and easy to use, available for iPhone, iPad and Mac. If you are using the application on your computer but are having problems, read on. When FacetTime is not running on Mac, there are several things you can do to get things back in motion.
See also: MacBook Pro is running slowly – how to fix it
One of the most common FaceTime errors on the Mac is that FaceTime may not function properly if you experience Internet-related problems, such as slow connectivity.
Some other causes include incorrect system parameters and system bugs in FaceTime. Some errors may appear due to Mac OS updates and others due to specific errors on your account.
In this article, we will discuss some common fixes for FaceTime and we recommend that you open your app after applying one of the mentioned fixes (before moving on to the next fix) so that you can confirm whether the suggestions worked or not. .
Correction # 1
The first fix concerns restarting your FaceTime application. It helps when your FaceTime is working perfectly, just a few moments before the error. A system bug may have occurred and you can prevent it by simply restarting your FaceTime. To close the application, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press three buttons (Command, Option and Chap.) On your keyboard simultaneously.
- By pressing these buttons, you will see a notch with the Force exit button.
- Choose the FaceTime app.
- Finally, click Force exit.
You must also quit all other applications, which run in the background and are not necessary, so that any risk of problems is eliminated.
Correction # 2
Another critical step is to check the date and time on your MAC, as FaceTime does not allow you to make calls or send messages. To correct your date and time, do the following:
- Tap the Apple icon and select system preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select Date and time in System Preferences.
- Just click on the date and time set automatically
- Finally, make sure that the automatic date and time are correct and conform to the time in your country.
Correction # 3
If the errors you get are related to your verification or your email and phone information and you cannot make calls or send messages, it is recommended that you enter and verify your FaceTime account information correctly. The error may have occurred due to bad login credentials. To verify your information, follow the steps below:
- Launch the FaceTime application on your MAC.
- Then click on FaceTime.
- Choose Preferences in FaceTime.
- Press the drop down button on the menu and check your email address and phone number in the settings.
Correction # 4
As noted earlier in this article, Internet connectivity is one of the main reasons why problems can arise. You can try to connect and disconnect your Mac from the Internet to check if FaceTime is working or not. To disconnect from the network, do the following:
- First, open the Apple menu
- Then select the "System Preferences" option from the menu
- Select the network configuration panel in the preferences.
- Then click on the Wi-Fi section and select your Wi-Fi connection.
- And finally, disconnect your Mac computer from your network
After logging out, restart your MAC so that all small bugs are cleared from the system. Once the machine restarts, simply connect to your Internet network and check if the application is working now or not. Otherwise, skip the next option.