The explosion of an iPad in the Apple Store in Amsterdam led to the evacuation of the shop and the intervention of the firefighters.
The facts took place yesterday around 2 p.m. when customers present on the spot manifested breathing difficulties due to the toxicity of the air present inside. Employees quickly took matters into their own hands by ventilating the Apple Store and smothering the device that caused this smoke in a sandbox. It followed the arrival of firefighters at the scene of the damage. A few minutes later, the situation was brought under control and both employees and customers were able to return to the store.
We do not yet know the exact origin of this explosion (the battery is suspected) as well as the precise nature of the damaged product (apart from the fact that it is an iPad). This situation is not isolated since similar cases have been recorded in the past. We bet that Apple will not speak on this incident and that we will have to wait for the first investigation reports to try to find out more.