A benchmark in the consumer security market, Kaspersky's antivirus suite is a model of its kind. Although the 2020 vintage has not evolved, it remains in the top 3 of security suites whether for its high level of protection, its functional richness, or its interface.
Kaspersky, a very big name in security
Kaspersky Total Security 2020 play the continuity card by essentially bringing improvements ci and l.
The Russian editor offers particularly effective protection thanks to a global security approach to detect known and unknown threats such as viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, rootkits, ransomware, etc.
This new version still provides a remarkable proactive defense and utlra reactive against malware, exploitations of security breaches, or even ransomware which try to encrypt the data stored on the system.
It also protects all internet users' activities against infections, spam, identity theft and even banner ads.
Kaspersky Total Security: accessible to all
Its modern and very user-friendly interface is both simple to handle for nophytes, and very technical for expert users wanting to fine-tune each setting.
The editor also offers an excellent web portal accessible with a single click from the home interface to manage remote protection.
Kaspersky Total Security: features and performance
Despite the plethora of defensive shields and additional functionality (Wi-Fi and webcam protection, file encryption, advanced firewall, parental controls, password manager, anti-spam application update tool … ), its impact on the system remains very measured.
Compatible with all platforms (Windows, macOS, Android, and a minimalist version iOS), it is one of the most complete suites on the market.
Several major features such as parental control, password manager or VPN Secure Connection are unfortunately reserved for the premium version. Another downside, Kaspersky continues to charge prohibitive prices with a limited number of devices.
+ Real-time protection based on the cloud and analyzes demand (against viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, rootkits, etc.)
- ZetaShield: behavioral analysis engine against ransomware
- Confidentiality: Internet protection against suspicious websites, proactive anti-phishing and email monitoring.
- Assessment and control of the behavior of operating systems and applications
- VPN Secure Connection: secure connection of Internet activity
- Anti-banner: blocks the request to display banners on websites
- Anti spam
- Money: secure banking operations (PC and Mac)
+ My Kaspersky: web portal for multi-device management (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS)
- Wi-Fi security notification: Wi-Fi network monitoring
- Webcam protection
- Software Updater: application updates tool
- Safe Kids: parental control with position display via the web portal
- Bank protection
- Performance optimization
- Password manager
- File encryption and backup