Applications keep enriching Apple.

Apple Store in Nantes: opening on November 15

Apple

Posted: January 26 2012Updated: January 26, 2012

by TanguyH

Hi jailbreakers,

Since the birth of the first iPhone, followed by its little brothers and iPods Touch and finally the iPad, applications become essential for everyday life iPhone owners. The iPhone has therefore given access to a whole new market: the application market.

Apple App Store Logo - Apps keep enriching Apple.

Thousands of new applications are added to the AppStore every day. Application developers get the fruits of it as soon as they are sold, but they are not alone. By application sold within the AppStore, the developer will receive 70% of the displayed price. Apple therefore receives the remaining 30%.

In 2010, app revenues were estimated at over a billion dollars. This means that Apple gets away with a good third of the sum. The following year revenues were estimated at more than 2.5 billion dollars. This week Apple announced that it has paid over $ 4 billion to developers. Which means that in the meantime cumulative revenue from applications would already exceed 5.71 billion and keep going up.

“Isn’t it incredible to create such a market from a simple idea?”

TanguyH.