Apple is a major player in the technology field. Apple products are relatively expensive compared to their competitors. However, the popularity of its products makes it the best seller of the year. Many Apple Inc. products are available on the market, including smartphones, iPads, laptops, etc. The younger generation is the main target of the company, its products being mainly preferred by adolescents. To make more sales, Apple has started offering students a discount on its products. Apple has an education store that focuses on the education market.
See also: What is Amazon Prime Student?
To take advantage of the Apple student discount, you must meet the eligibility criteria defined by the company. A person is eligible for a discount if he belongs to the school environment. The reduction offer is not limited to teachers and students, it also includes other workers and staff from school, college and university. The guardian or parents can also get an Apple student discount on behalf of their child. You must meet the following criteria to benefit from an Apple Student discount:
- He / she must be an employee of an educational institution.
- He / she should attend a post-secondary education center which may be a public or private institution.
- He / she must be the parent of a student attending a post-secondary institution.
If you meet the above criteria, you can then request the discount. Apple stores for training also offer refurbished Apple products. You should therefore consult these two products on their online store.
How to use the Apple student discount?
To get the Apple discount, you need to follow the steps below:
- Visit the official site. If you buy an Apple product for the institution / university, you should visit the Apple Store for schools and universities.
- Register using your username and password.
- Enter your name, department of studies, establishment / university / college, year of study and course duration. You must have proof of identity of all these data. The Apple store will ask you to provide a piece of ID proving that you are a student, parent, teacher, or other worker or member of staff at the educational institution. Always show original documentation, no photocopies or Xerox is accepted.
Now check the list of items you want to buy in the store with the reduced prices. Attractive discounts are available on the latest MacBooks and accessories. For more information, you can contact the Apple Support Center, who will guide you through the process of obtaining a discount.
How much reduction can you get?
The discount is not based on a percentage (10%), separate price tags are defined by the Apple Store for educational purchases. Students generally benefit from a 15% discount at the Education Store for the purchase of Mac computers. MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Mac mini are the most purchased products in the store. IPads are also available, however, the reduction is not as large as for Mac computers, but you can still benefit from a decent reduction. Other Apple products such as the iPhone and the Apple Watch are also available, but without any discounts.
Apple has launched an excellent initiative to increase its market share in electronic devices by offering a special discount to students. This has resulted in an increase in popularity and demand for Mac computers worldwide. You can also buy a student subscription in the shop to benefit from additional advantages for your purchases. However, before making any purchases, you should check the price of the products in all other world stores.