contador Skip to content

Apple Card could bring $ 1.5 billion to Apple in 5 years

Apple

Posted: April 9, 2019
Updated: April 7, 2019

by Steve

TheApple Card could be the jackpot ofApple. Announced on March 25, the apple brand bank card, both physical and virtual, could be a hit. If it will probably never be offered in France, since it is a credit card and not a debit like all French credit cards, it could however seduce the masses across the Atlantic with its cash-back system (from 1 to 3 % depending on purchases).

apple card titanium - Apple Card could bring $ 1.5 billion to Apple in 5 years

According to the analystHSBC Nigel Fletcher, the Apple Card would report no less than $ 300 million in profits to the Cupertino company, and this, in its first year of availability. In five, the titanium credit card would bring in $ 1.5 billion! As for overall revenues, they would reach the enormous sum of $ 50 billion. Like what, the banking sector pays big. And the strongest thing is that it is the United States which would collect half of this sum. Proof of this is Apple’s self-centrism…

This analysis is based on the installed base of the billion users of the iOS ecosystem. If so many users decide to adopt the Apple Card, it will be the jackpot for the Californian company. Especially since between Apple and the bank Goldman sachs, main partner for the Apple Card, love is crazy: Apple would recover no less than 70% of the turnover achieved by the Apple Card, and the remaining 30% will go into the pocket of Goldman Sachs. A hyper profitable association for Apple.