contador Skip to content

An Australian burned to the third degree by his iPhone 6

homme brule troisieme degre par son iphone6 suite une chute - Un australien brûlé au troisième degré par son iPhone 6

homme brule troisieme degre par son iphone6 suite une chute - Un australien brûlé au troisième degré par son iPhone 6

In recent years, smartphones and more particularly their batteries are increasingly responsible for accidents that are sometimes serious for their users. In most cases, the explosion of these phones is caused by improper handling or the use of a defective charger. However, Gareth Clear’s case is somewhat out of the ordinary.

Indeed, this 36-year-old Australian cyclist was burned to the third degree by his iPhone 6 following a fall on a bicycle. Admittedly, this is an isolated case, but one that has caused a lot of ink in the media around the world. The accident happened when Gareth was hiking in the mountains.

man burns third degree by his iphone6 ​​following a fall - An Australian burned to the third degree by his iPhone 6After falling, he says he saw smoke coming from his back pocket, where his iPhone 6 was stored. It was only after a few seconds that the man felt intense pain and tried by all means to take the device out of his pocket. The explosion burned the cyclist to the third degree, forcing him to undergo a skin graft.

To explain this incident, specialists believe that the violent shock suffered by the iPhone 6 could have damaged the envelope that separates the battery from the other components of the device. Moreover, still according to the latter, this is not the first time that such a phenomenon has occurred. Hoping for the owners of Apple smartphones that this is the last!