It is possible to share some of the benefits of your Amazon Prime subscription with family and friends even during your trial period. There are of course conditions, and not everything can be shared, especially the Kindle Loan Library and Amazon Prime Video access. We explain how to do this in this quick tutorial.
Do you have an Amazon Prime subscription? Did you know that you can share certain aspects of your subscription with a friend or family member? Amazon indeed allows you to do so via options in the section Your account. There are still conditions: first of all, you cannot share your Prime subscription with more than one person at the same time. The other big limitation is that you cannot share access to all of the services included in the Prime subscription. But it still allows, for one of your loved ones, to achieve a great economy.
Amazon Prime account: what benefits can you share with a friend or family member?
Sharing an Amazon Prime account with a third party gives them free access to the following services:
- Free shipping on Prime items
- 24h delivery for Prime items
- Prime Now delivery in 2h Paris and in some cities
- Access to promotions
- 30-minute early access to Amazon flash sales, Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and sales
- Amazon Photos access to store your photos online
It doesn't work, however, with Amazon Prime Video or the Kindle lending library.
To share your Amazon Prime account with a loved one, do the following:
- Head over Your account> Bonus by clicking on this link
- At the bottom of the window, click on Share your Amazon Prime benefits
- Add the name and address of the third party of your family or friend with whom you want to share your account
- Click on Send an invitation
The recipient will need to know your date of birth to validate the addition. You can end this sharing at any time by returning to the same section of Your account. It is also essential if you have to share your account with another person: you must first remove the person with whom you had established sharing before.
Also read: Amazon Prime – is subscribing worth it?
Have you shared your account? Do you find this useful ? Share your feedback in the comments.