Add-ons are like apps you install to add things to Firefox. You may have add-ons that compare prices, show weather, change the look Firefox, play music or even update your Facebook profile. This article discusses the different types of add-ons available and describes how to find and install them.
Add-ons for Firefox
There are three general types of add-ons:
Extensions Extensions add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. There are extensions that allow you to block advertisements, others to download videos from websites, others integrate tightly with sites like Facebook or Twitter, some even add features present in other browsers. .
Themes There are two types of add-ons that change the appearance of the browser: full themes, which change the look buttons and menus, and background themes, which decorate the menu bar and tab bar with a background image.
Plugins Plugins allow you to add the ability to play all kinds of internet content. This usually includes proprietary formats like Flash, QuickTime, and Silverlight which are used for videos, sounds, online games, presentations, etc. Plugins are created and distributed by other companies.
To see which add-ons you have installed:
- Click on the button and click on . The Add-ons Manager window opens.
- Choose tab , or to browse the list of your add-ons.
Here’s an overview to get you started:
- Click on the menu button and choose . The “Add-ons Manager” tab opens.
- In the “Add-ons Manager” tab, select the panel
- To see more information about an add-on or featured theme, click on it. You can then click on the green button
to install it.
- You can also search for specific add-ons using the search box at the top. You can then install any add-on found with the button .
- Firefox will then download the requested add-on and may ask you to confirm its installation.
- Click on if it appears. Your tabs will be saved and restored after restarting.