Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be a journalist to use audio recording apps. It can be an effective note-taking app, especially at a time when you need to be low-key. Of course, every smartphone comes with an audio recording app by default, but they’re basic. Third-party apps offer different audio quality, background noise reduction, and more, for clearer, more shared sound.
01 – Noted | Free / Paid | ios
Record every detail, mark it for later, play and share whenever you want. Meetings and conferences have never been easier. Noted Basic comes with all the basic features, giving you up to five notes and all the editing, indexing and exporting tools you need, absolutely FREE. The advanced Noted + version offers unlimited note taking, noise reduction and adjustable quality audio recording, for just £ 0.99 per month or £ 9.99 per year.
- Easily sync your devices through iCloud
- Adjust audio quality for different needs
- Noise reduction and EQ for total clarity
Easy Voice Recorder is a fun, simple and easy to use audio and voice recorder. Use it to reliably record your meetings, personal notes, lessons, songs, etc. with no time limit! You can also use strong audio filters on supported devices, rename and delete your recordings, save them as a ringtone, integrate them with Tasker and locale, and much more.
You can also use strong audio filters on supported devices, rename and delete your recordings, save them as a ringtone, integrate them with Tasker and locale, and much more.
- Record to high quality PCM and AAC, or use AMR to save space.
- Record in the background and control the recorder with a home screen widget.
- Increase the input volume with software microphone gain.
- Ignore the silent parts.
- Manage and organize your recordings with folders and save them to your SD card.
The Hi-Q MP3 voice recorder takes mobile sound recording to the next level. Lots of features and customization options, along with 44kHz high-fidelity audio sampling, give you a head start on any standard recording application. Personal voice notes, group discussions, group practices, concerts, lectures, speeches, sermons and more. If you can hear it, the app can record it.
With Hi-Q MP3 voice recorder, you never have to worry about your phone to get the best recording quality. Record yourself and practice for a presentation, record song ideas and brainstorming sessions, record anything!
- Gain. Specify real-time input gain settings for optimal recording at different noise levels.
- Input selection. Select the most sensitive front microphone or the clearest microphone as desired (depending on the device used).
- Quality settings. Customize audio quality with bit rate up to 320kbps. You can also record in WAV, OGG, M4A and FLAC (experimental) formats.
Samsung Voice Recorder is designed to provide you with easy and wonderful recording experience with high quality sound, while providing playback and editing capabilities. For your daily needs, they have developed a “Voice Memo” recording mode so that you can convert your voice to text (Speech to text). The available recording modes are:
- [STANDARD] It provides a simple and pleasant recording interface.
- [INTERVIEW] Two microphones located at the top and bottom of your device will be activated to record you, as well as the voices of your interlocutor (or the interviewee). It also displays the dual waveform accordingly.
- [VOICE MEMO] Records your voice then converts it to on-screen text, called STT.
The voice recorder application is completely free. It’s simple and easy to use. You can reliably record your meetings, personal notes, speeches, lectures and songs. There is no time limit. This app can record most of your sound and voice. You can record a business meeting, a conference, an interview. This app is a better choice. Other names you can call: voice recorder, audio recorder, sound recorder.
- High quality recording.
- File format: mp3, ogg
- Live audio spectrum analyzer
- mp3 encoding with adjustable sample rate (8-44 kHz)
- Recording in the background (even when the screen is off)
- Microphone gain calibration tool
06 – Otter Voice Notes | Free / Paid | Android / iOS
Otter is the smart note-taking and collaboration app used by businessmen, students and journalists to get more out of meetings, calls, video conferences, interviews, lectures and other important places of conversation. Record and review in real time. Find, read, edit, organize and share your conversations from any device.
- 600 minutes of transcription per month
- Unlimited cloud storage of all your conversations
- Record audio through an internal microphone or Bluetooth device, or import existing recordings
- See the transcript in real time, which you can scroll quickly to return to a forgotten point
- Take photos (e.g. whiteboard, slide, presenter) as you record to add visual context to your online conversations
- Export audio to MP3 format
07 – SnipBack | Free / Paid | Android
With this recording app, you simply put your smartphone into listening mode: after hearing something interesting, you press RETRIEVE AUDIO, and Snipback will record the last few seconds of audio from the past. Stop recording large audio files: this way you don’t have large audio files, but small, perfectly arranged audio notes.
With this smart approach to voice recording, you can extract a free audio memo from a conversation and record high-resolution voice notes without running out of memory. It also works as a standard high resolution recorder if you need to. Moreover, thanks to its noise reduction function, you will always get high quality audio recordings. Do you need to secretly record a conversation? No problem, Snipback also comes with a hidden voice recording feature! Main features at a glance:
- Hidden voice recorder function (secret listening)
- Always in listening mode to recover sounds from the past
- High quality sound recorder
- Organize recorded voice files in sessions
- Customize the recorded audio quality
- Change the duration of the extracts (up to 30 minutes)