We have already mentioned several times that the cell phone is one of the most versatile devices that we can use today. Among the many uses, we can also use our mobile as a surveillance camera, something we can do quite easily as long as we select the right apps. Isn’t that amazing?
The ideal thing for this is that we use a mobile which no longer occupies the position of the main device for us, and thus, we can give a second chance to enjoy its camera. Let’s see what are the best dedicated apps that we find right now for all operating systems.
7 applications to turn your mobile into a surveillance camera
Here I will list all the seven apps that help turn our mobile into surveillance camera.
Update (Add new application)
The application that recycles your old mobile into a CCTV camera.
Cawice is a new 100% French video surveillance application, which works in Peer2peer, which guarantees the confidentiality of the video stream.
It also has the advantage of being the only one to offer free and unlimited streaming in HD and to integrate an AI that detects people!
The free version of Cawice already includes several features like, unlimited recording, unlimited streaming, sharing options, and no ads.
And for € 2 per month you can upgrade to the Premium version, which allows you to take advantage of the use of multiple cameras, Automatic recording, Detection zone, HD video quality.
- The Cawice app only supports Android devices. You can download it from Google play store.
AtHome Camera: home security
This application is one of the complete ones that we will see. she at motion detection and allows us also to define the periods in which we want to start or end the recording. We can configure the notifications on our phone so that they warn us when we perceive movements.
- The Athome app supports Android and iOS devices. You can download them from Google play store for Android users and App Store for iOS users.
- Athome is rated 4.4 / 5 by its users.
This app also detects movements and sounds. It offers an ordered array with all activity and noise tracks recorded during the period we select. We can view the live that you recorded on the camera from the application in your mobile or from the web browser in the desktop version.
- The Manything app supports Android and iOS devices. You can download them from Google play store for Android users and App Store for iOS users.
- Manything is classified 3.9 / 5 by its users.
3. My Webcam
We cannot leave Windows Phone users without a corresponding app for them. My webcam is compatible with Windows 10 and allows us to use the mobile IP camera as long as the device we have has a RAM memory greater than 512 MB. In this case, it is not free and costs 3.99 euros .
- My Webcam application supports Windows devices. You can Download since microsoft store
- My webcam costs 3.99 euros.
This app is one of the easiest to use. We only need a google account and need to open it on both devices. We can set the quality of the recording and the retransmission and we can review all the recordings for fourteen days.
- The Alfred app supports Android and iOS devices. You can download them from Google play store for Android users and App Store for iOS users.
- Alfred is classified 4.4 / 5 by its users.
This application works the same as the rest, but there is a small difference: it is that we can save the recordings and configure for save automatically in iCloud, OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive so you can review them without having to touch the phone.
- DVR.Webcam app supports Android and iOS devices. You can download them from Google play store for Android users and App Store for iOS users.
- DVR.Webcam is rated 3.0 / 5 by its users.
6. Sailent Eye
Another application that detects movements and notifies us by SMS or email in case of modification. In addition, Salient Eye provides a link to access content that was recorded during that period of time. In addition, it also activates an alarm that announces a hypothetical intruder that has been detected.
- The Sailent Eye app supports Android and iOS devices. You can download them from Google play store for Android users and App Store for iOS users.
- Sailent Eye is classified 4.4 / 5 by its users.
Finally, we have Presence, an app that even offers up to 50 GB of encrypted storage in the cloud to store all videos recorded. It also has a notification system and various add-ons to configure it to your liking.
- The Presence app supports Android and iOS devices. You can download them from Google play store for Android users and App Store for iOS users.
- Presence is classified 4.0 / 5 by its users.
These are the seven best applications that turn our mobiles into surveillance cameras. If you know of any other apps that turn mobiles into CC camera, let us know in the comments below.
If you have any difficulties while downloading the app or using it, write them down in the comments below. We will help you resolve all your queries ASAP.
Which app do you use the most to turn your mobile into a surveillance camera?