To make sure your kids use an Android device the way they're supposed to, you need to install parental control apps. With a parental control app installed, you will be able to monitor their online activities to make sure your child is safe.
Some of these apps allow you to put restrictions on websites online, they can crawl, monitoring their call or text usage, select which apps your kids are allowed to access, and the time they are allowed to pass on their devices.
Here are some of the best parental control apps that allow you to track your kids' activities and protect them from the bad side of the Internet.
5 best free parental control apps for Android
(sociallocker id = 3035)
Shell Kid is an excellent parental control app for Android. This application is designed to make a parent’s smartphone or tablet safe for children. With this app, you can create a safe environment by selecting the app that your children are allowed to run on your device. This will prevent your child from being able to call someone, write a text message, or open any other application than the approved ones.
You can collect all of your children's apps like in a safe place. They will not be able to click on the ads and make in-app purchases. There is no way for a child to leave a shell, so you can be sure that your restrictions are working. The application is password protected for this purpose.
Other features :
– Kid mode – allows you to run only authorized applications placed on a workspace – Parent mode – configure the shell – Math password for parent and exit mode – Home button Locked – Purchases in- app can be seen, but kids can't shop inside Shell without parental permission.– Optimized for tablets and phones
See also: How to configure parental controls on your smartphone
FamilyTime is a powerful parental control application that allows parents to monitor and manage the way their children use their Android devices. This app has two versions; one for children and one for parents.
These two separate versions allow parents to manage their child's remote screen time without being snoopy. Parents can access their dashboards from both smartphones and laptops. From the dashboard, they can see their children's contact reports, call logs, bookmarks, installed apps, place-history, web history, and a number of other options. You can easily customize and make different settings for each of your child add profiles and change settings at any time. You can also lock their phone remotely at any time so that your children cannot use their smartphone.
Other features :
- App Blocker – block unwanted applications and games on your children's Android phones and tablets remotely!
- Screen time limit – You can limit the screen time on the child’s phone during dinner and bedtime or define custom rules.
- SMS track – Remote monitoring of all text messages sent and received by your children on their mobile devices.
- View activity reports – FamilyTime lets you view your kids' phone activity reports from this App parental control. You can see the history of their location and other phone usage information, even on the go!
- SOS / Panic alerts – Receive SOS Alerts from your children with full location details.
- PickMeUp alerts – Get PickMeUp Alerts from your kids with full access of information when it's time to pick them up.
Kids Zone is another best parental lock that allows you to create a profile for your child on your smartphone or tablet. In the profile, you can choose the application that allows your child to use. You can add a unique wallpaper for your child to enjoy and put a secret password to prevent him from changing the restrictions.
With Kids Zone install, your kids will be unable to install apps or make in-app purchases. The app also provides parents with the ability to apply wait times. You can specify how long your child can use your device. As soon as the time is up, your child does not have access to the gadget.
In addition, you can block phone calls, text messaging and prevent them from accessing the Internet.
If you upgrade to the Pro version, the app gives you the opportunity to create individual profiles for each of your children. In addition, a quick-call feature will be available to you. This means that you will be able to quickly unlock the phone to answer an incoming call.
Other features :
- Create a custom PIN code required to unlock your device and application preferences.
- Can remove PIN by default so teens cannot unlock the device.
- Kids Zone analyzes applications on your phone for kid-friendly applications.
As the name suggests, Screen Time is an application that lets you manage the time your children spend on your Android phone or tablet. You can keep track of all the apps and games accessible by your kids and also the time spent on each of those apps. You can also block certain apps that you feel your child should not be accessing for a while. For example, you can only block games at bedtime, but still allow apps to be read. Screen time also allows you to set time limits on selected applications.
The duration of the parental control screen also has a unique incentive function, which will allow additional time when a task is completed, such as a chore assignment or homework assignment.
Other features :
- Pause & Play – Use your phone or tablet to suspend your child's device or give Bonus time.
- Dlais – Set a time limit per day on the applications you want to limit.
Provides parental control and creates a safe area for your kids on your device. Child lock protects your personal information when children use your phone or tablet by limiting them to the applications that you approve. Prevent children from accidentally downloading apps, making phone calls, texting, or doing anything else that earns you money.
Features:* Personalized home page displays only apps allowed by parents * Can prevent kids from buying or downloading new apps * Able to block incoming calls when Kids Place is running * Able to turn off all wireless signals when Kids Place works to avoid any exposure to cell, WiFi and Bluetooth radiation * The Home buttons; Return; Search and Call are blocked so the child cannot leave Kids Place or make phone calls.
This is an antivirus app for Android, but it also offers a special parental control section. Its interface is rather well thought out and works with a password, which prevents access to certain sites (configurable by the user) and applications. It has the advantage of being versatile, and cannot be uninstalled without the password.