Apple has informed its employees that certain models of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro will be added to the list of vintage and obsolete products as of April 30.
As reported by MacRumors, as of April 30, the following MacBook Air and Pro will no longer be eligible for hardware support:
- MacBook Air (11 inch, mid-2013)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, mid-2013)
- MacBook Air (11 inch, early 2014)
- MacBook Air (13 inch, early 2014)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, mid-2014)
These models will be officially considered vintage and obsolete. In fact, Apple will no longer guarantee any type of software replacement or intervention. However, the company also authorizes repairs on ?vintage? models, as long as spare parts remain available.