A picture says a thousand words. As with any other image, the one in your profile gives others a glimpse of your personality. From a social perspective, having a profile picture helps people identify you. From a business and professional perspective, however, your profile photo shows that you are technically savvy. It presents knowledge of various fields, not just the one in which you specialize. The most commonly used business tool is email. So, in this article, we will teach you how to edit your Google profile picture for a better first impression. After all, your Google profile picture is linked to all Google software.
See also: How to change the background image of Google
How to change Google profile picture
For computer users
You can choose two methods to do this. One way is to modify it via your browsers running on Google. The other is to edit it via Gmail.
Method 1: modify it via a browser.
- Connect Google to the browser you are using.
- Then search for anything in Google. This should bring you to the first page of the search results. In the upper right corner of the search results page, there would be an icon with your Google profile picture. If you have not changed it before, it should remain the first letter of your first name and a colored background.
- Click on this icon. This should bring up a popup window of a larger version of this icon with the details of your Google Account. Next to the larger version of your profile photo, there should be a camera icon. Select this icon.
- You can then drag your image files into the allocated space or select the files to download from your device.
Method 2: modification via Gmail
- Log in to your Gmail account from your browser. This should direct you to your inbox in Gmail.
- In the upper right corner, select the gear icon. Then select Parameters from the drop-down list.
- Scroll down on the General Settings tab until you see the main header: My photo. To change the image, click on the About Me hyperlink.
- You will be redirected to a new page. From there, you can change the image by clicking on the camera icon while hovering over your current profile photo. You can also choose to select the pencil icon. This will display a permanent camera icon that you can click on.
- Select the desired image and drag it to the allocated space or download it from the computer storage.
For a mobile user
Editing your profile photo via a mobile device requires installing the Gmail app.
- Launch the Gmail app on your mobile device. If it's not installed, download it from the App Store, Google Play Store, or any other alternative your device is running on.
- On the left side there is a menu option. This option has the icon of three horizontal lines.
- In the drop-down menu, select Parameters. If you use multiple accounts in your Gmail app, choose the account whose profile photo you want to change.
- Tap Manage your Google Account. You will be redirected to your Google account page.
- On the page you're headed to, scroll down and look for the Personal Information option.
- Under this option, select your current profile photo, then select Define profile photo.
- From there, prompts should appear to tell you how to edit your profile photo. Follow the steps and select a profile photo that represents you!