If you're having trouble with your LG G7 ThinQ phone, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or apps, and you've tried to fix it but nothing seems to work, it may be time to do a main reset. We usually list it when we talk about phone problems and how to fix them, but we always put it at the end of the list. Why? This is because this method erases everything on your phone, not just that. It also restores all of the default settings, and this is something you cannot undo when finished.
See also: How to delete apps on Android
As for the main reset, there are two methods to choose from. The first is through the parameters, and the second uses the physical buttons. The second is also useful when the phone does not answer. Ideally (when the phone is active), you must first make sure to create a backup. As we just mentioned above, a master reset removes everything, so backing up is a must. In some situations, unfortunately, creating a backup is impossible. A master reset will not delete the files on your SD card and SIM card.
How to reset the LG G7 ThinQ: settings
The first method is simpler and is ideal when your device is responsive. As we mentioned, make sure to back up your files first. When you are done, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings> General
- Press Restart and reset
- Now press Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone> Delete all
- Finally, tap Reset.
How to master the reset of the LG G7 ThinQ: physical keys
Here's another way to reset your phone. Sometimes people use it when the phone doesn't turn off or when the settings are blocked. Here's what you need to do:
- If possible, create a backup
- turn off your phone
- At the same time, press and hold the power button and the volume down button
- Once the LG logo appears, hold down the volume button and release, then press the power button again
- The message saying "Delete all user data and reset all settings" will appear
- Use the Volume down button and go to the message and select Yes
- Press the power button to reset the phone.
Let the phone do its job. Once it lights up, follow the on-screen instructions to configure it from scratch.