Samsung's new offering, the Galaxy Note 9, launched in 2018, comes with a set of amazing and interesting features. This exceptionally powerful mobile phone has the latest camera for shutters and how to forget the Note's distinctive features, the S Pen. However, the device is far from perfect and has its share of common problems to be solved. If you are one of those users who are having problems with this device, you cannot worry; instead, look for the right solutions to solve these problems. Solving problems makes it easier for your device to work properly. The procedures are simple and easy to follow when you have problems with this mobile phone. Here are some of the most common Note 9 issues and their fixes.
Common issues in note 9 and how to solve them
Problem 1: Fix applications that are not in full screen
One of the issues you may hear about the large screen of this mobile device is that the apps do not use the full display. With a 6.4 inch screen, longer and thinner than most other mobile devices, the problem can annoy you endlessly. The 2: 1 aspect ratio can make the phone easy to hold and use, but you may notice black bars at the top and bottom of some apps, as you can see on a large screen TV. Ideally, games and apps need to evolve to fit the entire screen of the mobile device, but if they don't fully use the screen, simple solutions are available.
Method 1: adjusting the parameters
- You can scroll down the notification bar and pass Settings which looks like a gear icon at the top right.
- Press the Display
- Choose the option mentioned Full screen applications
- Locate the applications not included and activate the full screen mode.
Your phone is now ready to automatically resize the applications and correctly respect the aspect ratio to fill the screen with the content. Apart from that, you will notice a Develop button present on each application when you are present in the last application switch which does the same thing without following the above procedure. This is a shortcut method to follow in a jiffy. If the application does not seem to be suitable in full screen mode, you can return Settings and put it back.
Problem 2: the battery does not last longer
Despite its 4000 mA battery, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is not a champion in terms of battery life. Although a fully charged laptop is enough to cover your day, you cannot expect more from this mobile device after a day. If you are having major problems with load unloading, you can follow this simple procedure to temporarily fix the problem.
Method 1: Checking the parameters
- In most cases, the pressure drop of this device is due to overly active applications associated with poor programming.
- You can visit Settings then pass the Device maintenance battery and finally to Batteries.
- Scrolling down the screen will help you know the consumption of the applications installed on the smartphone and allow you to make the necessary changes.
Problem 3: Unresponsive navigation keys
Many users have reported problems with software-based navigation keys. Many of these buttons on the bottom of this unit's screen no longer respond during use. Although the problem may be intermittent, depending on the users, you may need about 10 to 20 tapping to switch from one order to the next, and the problem will not go away until the device restarts. The problem mainly concerns devices that use the Samsung Experience Launcher by default. Either way, the problem can be resolved in a few steps.
Method 1: Restart and configure Samsung Pay
- A simple restart can solve this problem at least temporarily.
- According to a user, changing the theme of the device via the Samsung Theme app can solve this problem. Although it may seem comical at first, you can use it when you are dealing with this problem consistently.
- The problem of unresponsive navigation keys is in the Samsung Pay app and installing it in the device can solve this problem. It seems that the invisible popup window from Samsung Pay blocks the navigation keys and makes them non-functional. However, the dialog disappears once you have set up Samsung Pay. Although the solution seems weird, it will eventually work.
Problem 4: Repairing a frozen device
are you one of the victims of problems with a frozen phone? It often happens that the Galaxy Note 9 does not respond completely or seems to freeze when trying to make a phone call. Other than that, the Contacts application or the dialer may also not work fully. You may be faced with the problem of not responding frequently or sparingly, but the following methods can solve the problem.
Method 1: press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously
- You must press and hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for approximately seven to eight seconds.
- After that, the phone turns off, restarts and restarts.
You may not be faced with the deadlock problem when you restart it, but if you continue to do so, you should try to contact the nearest service center for assistance.
Problem 5: Connectivity problems in note 9
The connectivity of a smartphone shows its value, because it allows users to exchange data via the network and with other devices. You can do this through the default apps or third-party apps. Whichever application you choose, the functionality will largely depend on the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection. You may need to follow some simple steps when you have problems related to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
Method 1: Checking for Bluetooth problems
You can try restarting the phone to resolve the connectivity problem. However, if it's not enough to just end the trouble, you can also try the other methods.
- Check if another application is using Bluetooth or if the applications with Bluetooth access are active.
- Several Samsung devices are subject to limitations when connecting other devices for security reasons. Find out if the same restriction also exists with your device.
- The problem may exist for no other reason than activating the power saving mode.
- The type and nature of the data you intend to transfer and their compatibility with other devices can cause connectivity problems.
- When you send too many files in a single attached room, you may face this problem. Make sure that the two devices connected via Bluetooth have enough free space.
- The problem could be caused by a defective Bluetooth antenna in the device you are using. Activate Bluetooth on both devices when you need to transfer data and make sure they are viewed correctly.
- Failure to empty the Bluetooth cache may cause this problem. The list that stores all the devices you have connected via Bluetooth may be too long. You should try to shorten this list and delete some that you don't need to get better connectivity.
- It is important to enter the correct password when you want to connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to other devices, especially the first time you connect.
- You must respect the Bluetooth rules clearly.
However, if connectivity does not improve with these steps, you can have it checked at the service center.
Method 2: Check Wi-Fi connectivity in the device
In addition to Bluetooth, you should check for Wi-Fi connectivity issues by restarting the modem to find out if the issue is easily resolved.
- Check if you have enabled the Wi-Fi option on the device to find out if there is any instability in the internet connection.
- Disabling the firewall for the device operating system can resolve the issue.
- Find out if other devices are also connected via Wi-Fi. There are limits when too many devices are connected via Wi-Fi.
- It may be helpful to know if there are any additional formalities or restrictions related to the device's connectivity regarding the Wi-Fi connection.
- Checking if you entered the correct password or updated it recently can resolve the issue.
- Try to prevent apps from running in the background if they are allowed to access the Wi-Fi connection.
- Checking the modem configuration can resolve the issue and disable or remove the restrictions you imply when connecting this device to other gadgets.
- You can try to delete the name of the connected device and check if it connects easily to the other devices or add it new with Note 9 to see if it works.
- Checking the recommended mode for Wi-Fi settings can also resolve the issues.
Problem 6: the camera does not work for a few seconds
Users may experience camera freeze issues when using the Note 9 device. Problems seem to occur most of the time when you need to take pictures, clear the cache, record videos, or change the micro card SD. Restarting the phone has almost no effect on this problem.
Method 1: change of device
Unfortunately, there is still no solution to this problem, even if Samsung, the manufacturers of the device are trying to find a solution. The best you can do is bring the phone to the company and ask for a replacement if the problem does not resolve automatically.
Problem 7: Inconsistent speaker during calls
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 uses a headset and a smaller speaker at the top of the device to output sound in stereo mode. However, the earpiece at the top may not work uniformly for multiple users who are making calls in speakerphone mode. Often the main speaker works when you move the phone, but is muted most of the time. The top speaker works for videos and music that should never come into play for the speaker. Probably, the sensor on the top of the device can mute the earpiece speaker and cause problems.
Method 1: Checking the Samsung Troubleshooting Guide
- You can visit the Samsung speaker guide pages for a possible solution.
- If you are unable to find the right solution, you can always get a replacement for the device for the best results.
Problem 8: missing application drawer button
You may suddenly be unable to access applications on this device when the application drawer button disappears.
Method 1: swipe up on the screen.
- You can swipe the screen anywhere at the bottom of the device to locate the missing button.
Method 2: Access applications without a button
- By pressing and holding down the blank space of the screen zooms out on a page for layout and editing and displays the background image and options for the widget.
- Press the Settings button and then the The application button and choose it Show apps button to locate the familiar button at the bottom of the screen.
Problem 9: Fix slow or wireless charging
Even if the Note 9 mA 4000 mAh battery is robust, users have complained about slow or wireless charging.
Method 1: Use the correct charging methods
- Using the cable provided in the box and a wall outlet that is compatible with Samsung's fast charging mode and may solve your problem.
- Refrain from using an old charger that has been hanging around the house or office for some time.
- With the wireless charger, you must use a wall outlet compatible with fast charge mode.
Problem 10: S Pen cannot register properly on some parts of the screen
The S Pen is one of the most attractive additions to Samsung Galaxy Note 9, but the operation of this component can go awry because some users have worried that the S Pen does not work on certain parts of the screen.
Method 1: Checking the protective housing
- Check if you have a protective case for this device, delivered with a magnet because it can interfere with the operation of the S Pen and the device. Remove the case and see if it makes the S Pen work properly.
- If that does not work, it is likely that the S Pen is defective and the only option you have left is a replacement.
Problem 11: Problems with a wet speaker
Just like previous Samsung Galaxy Note 9 mobile phones, this device is IP68 dust and water resistant, which means that the phone may be a little more humid and work properly. When you immerse the phone in a water depth of about five feet, it remains normal, although the speaker may seem funny and weird for a while until the phone dries up completely.
Method 1: tap the device against your palm
- The speaker grille behind the metal frame of the device may be covered with water and you should allow it to dry properly or tap the device against the palm of your hand to drain excess water.
- Try to avoid charging the phone for about an hour after it gets wet to avoid problems.
Problem 12: Overheating problems
Many users have encountered overheating issues in Samsung Galaxy Note 9, but the issue can be resolved by following a few steps.
Method 1: Checking downloads and installations
- It is essential to check the apps that you have installed on the device and make sure to download them from an authentic source, such as the PlayStore.
- Check if another device is connected to the phone via Bluetooth or the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Try to check if the problem persists when you remove the back cover from the phone.
- Try to keep the cache memory clean to avoid any problems.
Problem 13: Application functionality problems
Several errors and bugs can interfere with the functionality of the applications you have installed on the Note 9 device. All you need is to follow a few steps to make sure that the applications are running smoothly and smoothly.
Method 1: Updating applications
- You need to update all the apps you use on the device.
- Avoid applications with bad reviews.
- Do not change the recommended application settings for the phone.
- Storing application data in the phone memory rather than on the SD card can help you avoid problems.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 comes with a set of excellent features; However, during the first few days of use, many activities continue as applications sync data to the cloud or phone start to install, which may give the impression that performance is slow. If you continue to use the device for a few more months, you can expect a further drop in performance. To avoid this problem, you can remove some of these applications which you don't need most of the time and expect better results. If this fails, you can take the device to the nearest service center or request a replacement from the manufacturers. For now, you can use the features and accessories that come with the phone. If this is a problem hardware problem, there is not much you can do, but go to the Quick Start Guide or the troubleshooting options, or ask the Service Center again.