We have discussed various iPhone dj Problems, and we have shared some useful solutions and tips so that you can solve them. This time, we are going to talk about the problem of the red screen of the iPhone, also called red screen of death for iPhone. What is happening here is that the phone remains blocked on the red screen. Some users have said that the problem occurred after iOS update. Others have reported that the red screen appeared when they tried to turn on their phone after the battery fell and the phone went dark.
Several statements were made after the question was brought to light. Some speculations focused on the software malfunction and others said it was a hardware problem. Since the screen does not respond, there are not many solutions that you can try. Before sharing two of them that might work, try restarting your device. For some users, everything is back to normal. If the problem persists, restart your device several times. Does not work? Go to the solutions listed below: hard reset and DFU mode.
See also: iPhone volume buttons don't work – How to fix
Ways to fix iPhone red screen
Reset your iPhone
When the screen does not respond for any reason, it does not necessarily mean that your device is broken or that the problem is related to the hardware. We can take this situation as an example: your iPhone won't turn on and you think the battery or other component is damaged. Most of the time, it's just a software crash. The problem can be resolved with a hard reset. The same goes for the red death screen on the iPhone. You can't use your touchscreen to access iPhone settings, the first thing you should try is a hard reset. Don't worry, it won't delete any of your data.
- Press and hold the Home button and the sleep / wake button at the same time
- Keep pressing the buttons until you see the Apple logo on the screen (some people say you have to hold them for 10 seconds, but it usually takes longer)
- When the Apple logo appears, release the buttons.
You can also read: How to fix iPhone / iPad touch screen doesn't work
Enter DFU mode and restore your iPhone
The second thing you can try is to enter DFU mode and then restore your iPhone. This solved the problem for most users. Keep in mind that by restoring the iPhone, you will lose your data, but that may be the only way to fix the problem. If you don't want to restore your iPhone, skip this step and contact Apple.
Before you start, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. To enter DFU mode:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- turn off your device
- Then press and hold the sleep / wake button and the home button at the same time for 10 seconds
- Release the power button and continue pressing the Home button for 10-15 seconds
- Your iPhone screen will be black and the device will enter DFU mode
- The following message is displayed on iTunes on your computer: iTunes has been detected and the iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before you can use it with iTunes. "
- click OK
- Then click on Restore iPhone
- Click Restore and update
- Let your device connect your computer and let iTunes restore your iPhone
- When this is done, follow the steps on the screen to configure your iPhone as a new device.
These solutions are effective on iPhone 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, 5 iPhone, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Many users have solved the problem with one of the solutions we have listed here. If you've tried all the methods and haven't resolved the problem, or if you don't want to go into DFU mode and restore your iPhone (loss of your data), contact Apple or visit one of their stores.