Windows 10 has come with many improvements over previous versions, and it has also made many things simpler. This also applies to uninstalling programs. Read on if you want to know how to install apps and programs in Windows 10.
As for previous versions, uninstalling a program required that you go to the Control Panel and that was the only way available. Now you have several options to choose from. We will show them all.
See also: How to download movies and TV missions from Netflix on Windows 10
How to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10: start menu
The easiest way to uninstall an app or program in Windows 10 is from the Start menu. Here is what you should do:
- Click on the Start button
- Then browse the list of apps and programs
- When you find the program you want to uninstall, right click on it
- Choose to install
- If you are uninstalling a Windows 10 app, you will see a message that the app and related information will be uninstalled. Click on uninstall.
- When uninstalling a Windows 10 desktop program, when you click Uninstall for the first time, Programs and Features open. In the list of programs, select the one you want to remove and click Uninstall. You will see a message asking if you are sure you want to uninstall the program. Click on yes.
How to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10: settings
There is another option, also simple. You can go through the settings. This method is also useful when you cannot find an application or a program that you want to delete in the Start menu. Follow these steps:
- Click on the start button
- Now click on Settings (gear icon)
- Select the system
- Click on Applications and Features
- Find the application or program you want to uninstall and click on it
- Finally, click on Uninstall.
Note: If you want to remove an integrated Windows 10 program, such as Groove Music, Calculator, Maps, etc., there will be no uninstall option when you click on it.
How to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10: Control Panel
Finally, there is the good old Control Panel. If you want to uninstall apps and programs this way, follow the steps below:
- First, right click on the Start button
- Now choose the Control Panel
- Then click on Uninstall a program under Programs
- The Programs and Features window opens
- Browse the list of programs to find the one you want to delete
- When you find it, click it, then click Uninstall
- You will see a message asking if you are sure you want to uninstall the program.
- Click on Yes.
These are the methods you can use to uninstall applications or programs in Windows 10. Choose the one that works best for you.