Playing games on your PC using the mouse and keyboard is fun, but if you want to enjoy even more and have a full gaming experience, all you have to do is connect a PS3 controller to your computer. computer. While many people think it is complicated, it is not. You must download and install the software that will allow your PC to recognize the PS3 controller. The other thing required is the USB cable. So if you want to know how to connect and how to use the ps3 controller on PC, keep reading, because that's exactly what we're going to talk about here.
See also: Mini PC TV Box at the lowest price: PIPO X8, Wintel W8, EMISH X700, and XiaoMi MIUI
steps to connect a PS3 controller to a PC
Now do the following:
- Connect your PS3 controller to your PC using a USB cable
- Windows will install some drivers
- Unzip the MotioninJoy file you previously downloaded and install it.
The next thing you need to do is configure the MotioninJoy driver:
- Start the program
- Now click on the Driver Manager tab
- In the Hardware location section, check the box of your PlayStation controller (Port _ #####)
- Then click on the Load driver. At this point, you will get a warning about unsigned drivers. Just keep going.
- When the installation process is complete, close the program.
Now you need to install Better DS3 and configure your controller. Follow the steps below:
- Unzip the Better DS3 file that you have already downloaded and install it.
- Open DS3 better
- You will see your PS3 controller under Connects DS3 controllers
- Click on New
- Select Xinput (with this configuration, your PlayStation controller will act as the Xbox 360 controller. This option is the best because it is the standard configuration when it comes to playing PC games).
- Choose the name of the profile and enter it
- Click the Xbox 360 button
- You can also adjust the LEDs and vibration
- When you are finished, click the Save Profile button located at the bottom of the window.
That's it, and as you can see, it's pretty simple. Most importantly, your PS3 controller will be connected to your PC, so you can use it to play your favorite games.
Bluetooth configuration steps
Follow the steps below if you want to use your PlayStation wireless controller. But first we have to report something. If you have a laptop, chances are you have built-in Bluetooth, but if you're using a desktop computer, especially an older computer, you'll probably need a Bluetooth key adapter. Don't worry, you can get one for less than $ 10. If you don't need a Bluetooth key adapter (or when you have one), do the following:
- Open DS3 better
- Click on Bluetooth pairing
- Now unplug the cable connecting your PS3 controller to your computer.
You can use your PlayStation wireless controller and enjoy games.