Apple's AirPlay feature is a great way to connect your iPhone, iPad or Mac to your TV. However, to do this you must own the Apple TV or an AirPlay 2 compatible, which is not the case for all.
Fortunately, there are other solutions to watch videos on the big screen. Indeed, the Google Glove offers Chromecast, an economic alternative AirPlay, which also allows the broadcast of content on TV via iOS and macOS.
In this tutorial, we explain how to cast your Apple content on your TV.
What is a Chromecast?
The first Chromecast was launched in 2013 and allowed its users to stream wireless video on their TV, so you can enjoy it on the big screen.
The operating systems of the Apple brand limit access to Chromecast.
Apple imposes its regulations on the App Store and prefers its users to use its own built-in option.
However, you'll find plethora of apps compatible with Chromecast, like YouTube, Netflix, MyCanal, Prime Video, OCS, Molotov …
Which Chromecast to choose?
Be aware that many connected TVs include Chromecast. Because of this, before running to buy a Chromecast, make sure you really need it.
Google is already the 3rd generation of Chromecast, it is available on the official website 39 and on the Fnac 39.99.
If you're looking for a model with more advanced technical features, such as compatibility with 4K then Google offers Chromecast Ultra 4K.
Before you can broadcast your favorite content on the big screen, follow these 7 steps:
- Connect the Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV.
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store and download the Google Home app.
- Once open, on the home page Create a house, Press on To start.
- Go to Set up new devices then on Create another house.
- Enter your information.
- Tap on Carry on.
- The profile page appears, press Add then on Set up a device.
- Turn on Wi-Fi, follow the instructions and confirm your new device.
Chromecast on an iPhone
For this tutorial, we used the Netflix application. Nevertheless, the steps are identical for the other apps (Spotify, YouTube).
- Open Netflix on your iPhone and log in your account.
- On the homepage, click lCast icon (a square with three lines) in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Select your Chromecast from the list of devices. Once the connection is established, the icon turns blue.
- Finally, in the Netflix library, simply choose your broadcast content.
Chromecast on a Mac
To connect Chromecast to your Mac, you need to go through the Google Chrome browser. Then follow these 5 steps:
- Make sure your Mac is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- Open Google Chrome and the website on which you want to cast.
- Launch your video or audio file
- Go to the three small points next to your Google avatar and the search bar.
- Click on Caster then select your Chromecast.
Some sites are natively Chromecast-compatible, such as Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies, or Google Play Music. The procedure is different but remains simple:
- Meeting on Netflix for example
- Click onCast icon bottom right of the video player. It can be a different place according to the site.
- Choose the device on which to broadcast your content.
. (TagsToTranslate) Chromecast (t) iPhone (t) mac (t) ios (t) MacOS (t) google (t) apple (t) TV (t) Entertainment (t) home-activated (t) table-of- happy