Facebook allows you to change your name once every sixty days, provided you meet certain conditions. The change is very simple: we give you the follow that you want to change your name on Facebook from your Android smartphone or your PC. But also the conditions are known.
Want to change your name on Facebook? After leaving the field open to its users in its first years of existence, the social network subsequently strongly urged them to give their real name, going as far as to limit the number of possible changes. Today the rules fixed by Facebook are relatively flexible: you can change your name once every 60 days if you wish. This is very useful in case of change of civil status, but also by mere fantasy, or if you intentionally do not want to be easy to find by anyone.
Here's how to do it:
To change your name on Facebook from the PC:
How to change your name on Facebook from an Android smartphone or iPhone
To change your name from an Android or iPhone smartphone:
- Open the Facebook smartphone app
- Go to the icon at the top right or bottom right depending on your version
- Scroll down and touchSettings and private life> Settings> Personal information
- Touch your name and change it
- touchAware of changethen validate with your password for the change to be effective
Change your name on Facebook: conditions to know
A priori, it is not possible to choose fanciful names on Facebook. The social network gives its conditions. The name so should not include:
- symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, duplicate characters, or punctuation
- special characters which do not belong to the same language
- titles of any nature whatsoever (we can not, a priori, call ourselves masters for example)
- words or phrases instead of a name
- offensive or explicit words of any nature whatsoever
Of course, these rules are more or less respected, especially with regard to the last two (some word games pass censorship …). In its conditions, Facebook also specifies that the name must match the name on your identity card. And formally forbidden to pretend to be someone else. Again, the cases in which Facebook will really ask you for your identity papers are extremely rare – this is never the case for a simple change of name, and it shows, we are sure, in the one chosen by some of your friends.
In any case, note that requests for supporting documents do not bind you in any way: and that you still have the option – even agaante – to delete your account if you do not want to reveal your real identity in the case o Facebook you would require proof of identity.
How many times can you change your name on Facebook: is it unlimited?
Do you want to change your name from time to time not to focus on an identity on the social network? This may not be the best way to do it: once you have changed your name, even if it contains an error, you will not be able to ask Facebook to change your name again for 60 days. Apart from this rule, it is possible to change the name an unlimited number of times.