Have you changed your Android smartphone? We offer you this quick tutorial to easily transfer all your data, applications, settings, and contacts from your old smartphone to the new one in minutes. For that we will see the two most simple and fast methods: the NFC Tap & Go, and via your Google account.
Wondering how you will transfer your data to your new Android smartphone? We propose in this tutorial to do it via the tools already available to you, without installing anything. Your Google Account normally synchronizes, if properly configured, all your applications, contacts and other data.
Some smartphones also have the option to transfer everything quickly via the NFC Tap & Go feature. The only problem with this method is that both smartphones must be uncomfortably compatible with NFC technology.
On your old smartphone:
- Unlock the phone and check in the settings that the NFC is active
- When setting up the new smartphone, select Tap & Go
- Approach both smartphones
- Validate the transfer of data on the old smartphone
A message will appear when the data transfer is complete. This is the fastest method of this tutorial. It is sufficient that both terminals are equipped with NFC. This is the case for most Android smartphones in the market.
Read also: How to transfer your data from an Android iPhone
On your old Android smartphone:
- Check that the smartphone is connected to a Google account and is connected in WiFi
- Go in Settings> System> Backup and Sync
- EnableSave on GoogleDriveif not already done
- Check that everything is well in the list, including contacts
- Transfer your photos into Google Photos if they are not already there
- Copy your personal files into Google Drive
Warning: depending on the amount of data and the speed of your internet connection, the transfer to the cloud can take up to several hours. Before launching a transfer, you are obviously invited to connect a WiFi network. It is best to avoid emptying your 4G data envelope.
On your new smartphone:
- Link your Google Account to your new smartphone during setup
- Follow the instructions on the screen to restore your backup, contacts, settings, and applications
- You can access your photos in the Google Photos app and the rest of your personal files in Google Drive
There are several tutorials that can help you transfer data that does not belong to one of the above methods:
You can also consult our more detailed method to save all the files of your Android smartphone. Have you managed? Do you have difficulties? Do not hesitate to share your feedback in the comments. We will update this tutorial to improve it.